If you are not comfortable with trekking, or you are short of time but still have a strong desire to discover Mt Everest in the Khumbu region, it is better to book a helicopter tour.
A helicopter ride is the most comfortable and luxurious way to explore the Everest base camp.
But not all Everest base camp helicopter tours are the same – some offer you a landing while others do not.
Table of contents
- Cost of Everest base camp helicopter tour
- Everest Base Camp by Helicopter + Landing + Breakfast
- From Lukla: Helicopter ride to Everest Base Camp
Cost of Everest base camp helicopter tour
The Everest Base Camp helicopter tour taking off from Kathmandu costs US $1215 approximately, while the one taking off from Lukla is priced at US $1300.
The cost of the Everest base camp helicopter ride depends on the following factors:
– The tour operator you opt for
– Number of passengers, their ages, and whether they are a couple or a group
– Length of the tour
– Whether you want a tour with or without landing on the ground
– Time of the year (tickets are costly during the spring and autumn seasons)
– Inclusion of breakfast or other food and drinks
Everest Base Camp by Helicopter + Landing + Breakfast
Get ready for an incredible heli tour with a landing at Everest Base Camp that promises unlimited fun and thrill.
The helicopter tour to Everest base camp takes this flight route:
Kathmandu >> Lukla >> Everest base camp >> Syangboche >> Hotel Everest View >> Lukla >> Kathmandu
Itinerary of the helicopter tour
The heli tour begins at 6 am and lasts around four hours.
6 am: Transfer from the hotel to Kathmandu Airport
6.30 am: Flight to Lukla
7.30 am: Refuel at Lukla
7.50 am: Flight towards Everest Base camp
8.25 am: Overfly the Everest Base Camp & Land at Kala Patthar
8.55 am: Flight to Syangboche, Everest View Hotel & have the optional Breakfast
9.35 am: Ride back to Kathmandu pr may stop at Lukla for refuel
12.50 pm: Arrival at Kathmandu domestic airport
1.15 pm: Drive to hotel
The best part about this tour package is that it gives you the breakfast option.
Pick up point
Tribhuvan International Airport
Address: Ring Rd, Kathmandu 44600, Nepal. Get Directions
The tour operator provides pickup facilities from hotels inside the city area in Kathmandu. If your hotel is far off, you can go directly to the Kathmandu domestic airport.
While booking your chopper tour to the Base Camp of Mount Everest, give the tour operator the hotel name and address so they can pick you up.
Tickets for Base Camp helicopter trip
It is better to plan your visit to the Himalayan Base Camp much in advance and book your tour online.
Since it is in high demand, leaving it for the last minute is not a good idea.
You can book tickets for up to five passengers.
The budget-friendly shared helicopter ride makes Everest even easier to reach.
Adult ticket (5 to 90 years): US $1215
– Everest helicopter flight in a group sharing five passengers and a pilot
– Hotel pickup and drop-off
– Fuel surcharge
– Optional Breakfast of US $ (NPR 4,000) at Hotel Everest
– National park, Airport tax & Municipality entry fees US $ 47 (NPR 5500) per person pay local money
Box Item: Follow the link if you want a heli tour to Everest Base Camp, with a ten-minute stop at Kala Patthar for the best view of Mt. Everest.
From Lukla: Helicopter ride to Everest Base Camp
Lukla is the entry gate for most treks and tours making their way into the Khumbu region.
Booking an Everest base camp Heli tour from Lukla takes you to Mount Ama Dablam Kusum Kanguru, Thamserku, and Kwangde peaks, all viewed from the top.
You will soar across popular Sherpa villages like Syangboche (known for Everest View Hotel), Tengboche (home to the Tengboche monastery), and Gorak Shep.
Finally, you will make a short landing at Kala Patthar and witness the magnificence and magic of Mt Everest with your own eyes and savor memories for a lifetime.
Highlights of the tour
– Fly from Kathmandu to Lukla (2,845 meters): 45 minutes
– Helicopter flight from Lukla to Kala Patthar (5,550 meters): 15 to 20 minutes
– Fly from Kala Patthar to Everest View Hotel: 10 minutes
– Breakfast at the Everest View Hotel: 30 minutes
– Fly from Syangboche to Lukla for refueling: 15 minutes
– Fly back to Kathmandu: 45 minutes
Adult ticket (18 to 65 years): US $1300
– Hotel pickup and drop-off
– Round-trip private transfer.
– Air-conditioned vehicle
– Private transportation
– Breakfast / Food
– Airport tax of US $2 (200 NRS)
– National park fees, US $28 (3000 NRS) per person